Point-of-care ultrasonography; vascular access; echocardiography; lung ultrasonography; Abdominal ultrasonography; vascular diagnostic
Interested In Attending This Event?
Additional Registration Information:
Registration closes 1/18/19, space is limited!
This course is designed for the busy bedside clinician interested in building a strong foundation in point-of-care ultrasonography (POCUS). Utilizing a scientifically proven effective course structure, learners will rotate through SHORT LECTURES, SMALL GROUP IMAGE INTERPRETAION SESSIONS, and HANDS-ON LEARNING with LIVE HUMAN MODELS and a MANIKIN SIMULATOR.
All registered attendees will also receive a FREE POCUS TEXT BOOK - Point-of-Care Ultrasound by Soni et al.
Meals will be provided.
What is the schedule each day?
Friday, February 1st: Registration at 12:30pm, course starts at 1:00pm. Course adjourns at 8:30pm.
Saturday February 2nd: Course starts 7:15am. Course adjourns at 5:00pm.
What POCUS topics will be taught?
- General principles of ultrasonography
- Vascular access
- Vascular diagnostic (i.e. compression DVT study)
- Lung and pleural ultrasonography
- Basic abdominal ultrasonography
- Ultrasonographic assessment of a patient with undifferentiated shock
- Ultrasonographic assessment of a patient with undifferentiated hypoxemia/dyspnea
What makes this course unique and worth my time and money?
This course follows a format proven to be highly effective for bedside POCUS training and maintains a 3:1 learner to faculty ratio for hands-on training. Learners are guaranteed to have plenty of hands-on scanning time which is crucial to skill development.
This course will incorporate a high fidelity ultrasound simulator manikin which will allow participants to see pathology in addition to the healthy anatomy of the live human models.
Who is putting this course together?
Planning Committee: Yonatan Greenstein, MD, FCCP; Keith Guevarra, MD, FCCP; Andrew Berman, MD, FCCP
The course leaders are nationally recognized experts in the field of point-of-care ultrasonography.
Yonatan Greenstein, MD, FCCP
- Assistant Professor of Medicine at Rutgers New Jersey Medical.
- Board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine, and Sleep Medicine
- Distinguised CHEST Educator 2018
- Has been teaching point-of-care ultrasonography with CHEST since 2012.
- Lead author of ultrasonography journal articles and book chapters including: Effectiveness of a Critical Care Ultrasonography Course (CHEST 2017); Evaluation of Left Ventricular Diastolic Function by the Intensivist (CHEST 2018).
- Assistant Web & Multimedia Editor for CHEST
Keith Guevarra, MD, FCCP
- Assistant Professor of Medicine at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School.
- Associate Program Director - Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
- Board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine
- Distinguished CHEST Educator 2018
- Has been teaching point-of-care ultrasonography with CHEST since 2011.
- Author of ultrasonography journal articles and book chapters including: Lung Ultrasound in Respiratory Failure and Pneumonia in Ultrasound in the Intensive Care Unit, 1st Edition by Jankowich M and Gartman E.
What is the target audience?
This course is open to all physicians, physician assistants, and advanced practice nurse practitioners.
Where can I park my car?
Complimentary secure parking will be provided.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For questions or additional information please contact Candy Proano 973.972.6111 or firstname.lastname@example.org